When buying a housing, there are a few other things that you should look for in addition to quality materials. Additional important features on the housings are easy access to the camera controls, good ergonomics, fiber optic connections, good viewfinder options and also leakage alarms.
You should certainly avoid buying cheap underwater housings because they might start leaking at some point and ruin your camera. Cheap plastic housings are also too large and it’s really hard to handle them.
Mirrorless Camera Underwater Housings
The following list includes some of the most reliable underwater brands and their housings:
- Olympus – Their most popular underwater housings are for E-PL1, E-Pl2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PL7, E-PM1, and E-M1 Mark II.
- 10-bar – They make housings for Olympus models E-PL1, GF-1, GF-2, and GH-1.
- Ikelite – They are well-known for their quality housings for many camera models, such as the popular Sony A7R III.
- Recsea -Their housings are made for Olympus cameras such as E-PL1, GF-1, GF2, GH-1, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-7, GH-2 and OM-D E-M1.
- Nauticam – This company makes housings for various mirrorless cameras, such as the Olympus OM‑D E‑M1, the Panasonic GH5, and the full-frame Sony A7R III.
- Aquatica – They make aluminum housings for Olympus, Panasonic and Sony mirrorless cameras.
- Sea & Sea – They also make quality aluminum housings, mainly for Sony models.
- Acquapazza – This company makes great quality housings for Sony models NEX-5 & NEX-5N.